Author Topic: When adding a post, keeps returning back to top of text entered  (Read 9483 times)

t0r0nad0

• Captain
Is anyone else having this problem?

When I'm writing a long post that goes longer than the window you have to enter text so it would normally scroll down with your cursor, it keeps scrolling back up to the top of my text after every key stroke or click of the mouse, so that I cannot see what I just typed.  I can use the mouse wheel or scroll bar on the right to scroll down to my cursor, but any time I press a key it just returns me to the top of the text.  This is happening to me both in IE8 on Windows (and for all you Firefox and Mac fans, don't give me your lines about why your software is better, that's not what this is about) and in Safari on my iPod Touch.  This started happening the last time you all updated the forum software.
-PJ

PP-ASEL 8/15/2007
AGI 6/30/2008
FAASTeam Rep

My Blog:  http://commons.chron.com/pilotpj/blog

States in which I have landed an airplane:

Phil Hyde

• Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: When adding a post, keeps returning back to top of text entered
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 18:33:05 »
I am not seeing that.  Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows XP.
WARNING: My opinion may appear more useful than it actually is.

Blair McFarlain

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Webmaster of HoustonSpotters!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 18:52:51 »
PJ, is this only when you create a new topic, or also when you reply?  What about if you edit an old post?

Can you try a different browser on your computer and see what happens?

www.opera.com

www.apple.com/safari

www.mozilla.com

Is this only on one computer, or multiple ones?  You only said IE8 & your ipod touch, but have you tried another computer to see if you can reproduce the results?

t0r0nad0

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 08:37:06 »
Blair, it happens with new topics, replies, and edits.  I've tried posting and then editing the post to see if that would fix it, but no dice.  It's occurred on my laptop, my home desktop, my work desktop, and my iPod Touch.  On my laptop, it's been both IE8 and Safari.

To clarify, the cursor stays at the bottom, so I can type what I want, but the view scrolls back to the top.

I'll try it with Chrome and see what happens.
-PJ

PP-ASEL 8/15/2007
AGI 6/30/2008
FAASTeam Rep

My Blog:  http://commons.chron.com/pilotpj/blog

States in which I have landed an airplane:

Michael B.

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:44:19 »
Obviously you have conspired with the Great Horned One which is why such mayhem has descended on you.