Author Topic: Forum Comments  (Read 6780 times)

Michael B.

• Admiral
Forum Comments
« on: October 29, 2009, 06:58:37 »
Just a couple of things I noticed....
Photos now lack EXIF data in the Gallery...intentional? I have found it useful on many occasions...
The upload folder is now full - says the site - denying me sharing my photos that are pertinent to a post...put the old stuff into a death panel, admins!
Otherwise...HS just keeps getting better...
MJB

bilwor

• Captain
Re: Forum Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 07:36:41 »
My favorite Forum by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :awesome:
bill word

Phil Hyde

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 08:18:15 »
Michael, thanks for pointing out the upload folder problem.

Don't you have a Flickr account?  They are tied with Yahoo now, which should make it even easier.  The upload storage in the forum is meant to be transient.

When did you notice the change in the gallery?  We haven't made any changes since the patch applications months ago.
WARNING: My opinion may appear more useful than it actually is.

Blair McFarlain

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Webmaster of HoustonSpotters!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 08:19:46 »
And remember, I still haven't implemented the changes suggested by that weasel guy...  :rfl:

Michael, I'll clean out the old attachments, and look into the Exif data.  I noticed it on a few shots as well, but if the shot doesn't have the exif data, it doesn't display it, so I didn't think too much of it.

You also have to keep in mind that some lower end editing programs will strip this information, such as older versions of paint shop pro.

Michael B.

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 08:33:41 »
I just noted that the EXIF was missing from my last post, but had noted it before. I know it's on my photos. OK then...so it wasn't part of the plan...that should be looked into and corrected by our noble admins...
I like to drop quik pics down to illustrate a point...not many on the Flickr account, and that just adds one extra step in the work load at the Shock and Awe Office...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 09:25:06 by Michael B. »

Blair McFarlain

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Webmaster of HoustonSpotters!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 08:47:22 »
My favorite Forum by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :awesome:
bill word

Thanks Bill!

Hope to see you this weekend.  Just look for this white & blue Cessna, along with the dork next to it at Wings over Houston!