Author Topic: Titles for pictures  (Read 13722 times)

flyoakland

• Flight Attendant
  • Enthusiast
Titles for pictures
« on: October 30, 2007, 19:50:49 »
Blair pointed out that I can use the edit feature for my photos (sorry, I added my description in comments). So I tried putting my comments in the description section, and a shortened description in the title section. However, the description shows below the photo, and the title doesn't show up anywhere. I tried switching the two, but then I had no description or title. Is there a preferred protocal?

Thanks!

Blair McFarlain

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Webmaster of HoustonSpotters!
Re: Titles for pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 21:57:41 »
Bob, which picture were you having trouble with?

All the pictures you have posted here look fine to me.

http://www.houstonspotters.net/cpg/index.php?cat=10399

flyoakland

• Flight Attendant
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 18:03:14 »
Never mind, I see that the title is in bold letters just below the pictures, and the longer description is below that.  :-[

If I get going on being a regular spotter, I see I'll need to upgrade my 2003 Kodak Easy Share 3.1 MP! Hope everyone enjoyed the pics!

Blair McFarlain

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Webmaster of HoustonSpotters!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 20:39:48 »
Bob, we appreciate the pictures you've posted.  Some people have better cameras than others, but we're not going to reject it if it isn't perfect.

Michael B.

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 21:13:08 »
Me and my Kodak Easy Share also appreciate the sentiments.
Lessee now...
2003 - 3.1mp
2006 - 5mp
2007 - 7mp
...I'm finally gettting on the program!  By 2012 I'll have a sharper focus!
Michael

Rich

• First Officer
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 15:26:44 »
Different cameras for different missions!  I use a Canon DSC-s650, which sounds impressive, but is one of those $130 handhelds with no viewfinder but a screen on the back.  It's a snapshot camera, and replaced my genuine-film Advantix camera this past July.

It's a 7.2 mp camera, but I have it set down to 5mp or even 3mp most of the time, because I "only" have a 4gig memory stick!  hahahaha   :D XD

I sometimes take a picture, and then go find Blair and trick him into taking it again with his REAL camera if the opportunity remains for additional photographic study.

-Rich

Clipper "Ol'Roy" Goodwill

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 00:03:35 »
Until last year I used a HP 310, which is a 2.1mp camera only because for some reason it just took good night shots. Never took it spotting though. I briefly upgraded to a Sony Cybershot DSC-W55 8.1mp which lasted a whole 4 months before I broke the rear screen and it stopped working at all. Meant to get it repaired but then it was stolen while I was in Dallas. I know it's hard to tell sometimes, but now I use a Rebel 350D. Still looking for a good point and shoot though.

Rich

• First Officer
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 01:02:37 »
And now I have to expose my massive typo and correct my above post - it's a SONY DSC-s650 that I wield, not a Canon.   :-[     D'oh!

-Rich